Tuesday 19 May 2009

Storyboard Redraft

Neil and I had a chat with Jared, who said we needed to incorparate the 2d in with the 3d more. He said that it won't sit right with a viewer if the audience is 2d and everything else is 3d, so we need to play around with the ideas more. He said we could exploit the fact that the audience is 2d. I came up with two ideas, the first was that Blot throws one of the knives into the audience, it slices one of them i half and they flutter apart like ripped paper. Neil didn't really like this idea. SO, I came up with another one, which is what we both agreed on, so I decided to storyboard it.

Blot is about to reveal the knives, he then pats down his sides and realises, he doesn't have them. We cut to the audience looking slightly confused, the camera then pans back to reveal that the whole audience are being shown on a TV screen and are all pre recorded. WE see Blot, rummaging around behind the TVs before finding the knives. He the walks happily back on stage, and dusts himself off. The camera then zooms in dramatically as he produces the three knives from one hand behind his back.

Both Neil and myself rather like this idea. It's almost poking fun at the fact that the audience are not real, and do not exist within the 3d world.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I didn't say I didn't like the first idea, just that it may be difficult to do. But I like the 2nd one best. Especially where the cam zooms in all dramatic like, and he has that serious look on his face. After comparing yours and mine I like yours a hell of a lot, it's way more comical. Storyboard Redraft Lewis version, I choose you!

    ReplyDelete