Tuesday 26 May 2009

New Lights.







We had a lecture with Sultan Efe today on the subject of lighting. Sultan advised against using area lights, and instead said to opt for spot light's with a high radius and high drop off. Sultan himself, used a stage as an example. After the lecture I immediately tried lighting the scene. I had one main yellow spotlight in front of the stage. I then had a blue spotlight on the back wall to act as a bounce light, as well as two big red lights either side of the stage to also act as bounce light's. overall I think the scene looks pretty good. The bounce lights have really given thew whole stage more character, with the subtle reflections of the red curtains bouncing onto the walls. To add to this, I actually think the stage looks more theatrical now. Overall, I found the Sultan lecture very helpful!








No comments:

Post a Comment